Microstrip Antennas and Arrays
16x12 Folded Dipole Array Antenna:
Half power Beamwidth E plane : 4.2º H plane : 5.7º
Gain 28±1 dB
Sidelobe Level ≤ -18 dB
Frequency Ku Band
VSWR Bandwidth 800 MHz
- Zubair Ahmed, Sara Hameed Dar and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan “Design of Ku Band Uniform Folded Dipole Antenna Array”, Fourth International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology, Bhurban, Pakistan, 13-18 June, 2005, pp 69-73.
- Zubair Ahmed, “Low Side Lobe Microstrip Folded Dipole Antenna Array for Radar Applications,” MS Thesis, College of E&ME, NUST, 2008.
32x12 Folded Dipole Array Antenna:
Half power Beamwidth E plane : 2.2º H plane : 5.7º
Gain 29±1 dB
Sidelobe Level ≤ -20 dB
Frequency Ku Band
VSWR Bandwidth 600 MHz
8x8 Aperture Coupled Microstrip Patch Array Antenna:
Half power Beamwidth E plane : 9.9º H plane : 10.34º
Sidelobe Level ≤ -16 dB
VSWR Bandwidth ??
- Zubair Ahmed, Sara Dar and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan “Design of an Aperture Coupled Microstrip Antenna Array”, Third International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology, Bhurban, Pakistan, 7-12 June, 2004, pp 670-678 .
- Zubair Ahmed, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, Naveed Chaudhry, and Jahangir Kiani, “Design of Low Side Lobe Aperture Coupled Microstrip Antenna Array”, Proceedings of IEEE INMIC 2004 8th International Multitopic Conference Islamabad Pakistan, 24-26 December 2004, pp 227-231.
Planer Inverted-F Antenna (PIFA):
In this work, multiband planer inverted-F antenna with 6mm height was designed, simulated in HFSS and fabricated for operating in the GSM, DCS and WLAN bands. In addition, a reduced height planer inverted-F antenna with 2mm height was also designed simulated and fabricated for application in multiband slim handsets.
- Rehman Ahmed, “Low Profile Antennas for Mobile Communication Applications,” MS Thesis, College of E&ME, NUST, 2009.
Compact Wideband Broad Side Rectangular Microstrip Antenna
This work includes simulation and experimental results for wide band U-shaped side slots loaded linearly polarized rectangular microstrip antenna with broad side radiation characteristics suitable for onboard applications in S-band. Impedence bandwidth of 34.8% as compared to 2-5% bandwidth of conventional microstrip antenna has been achieved.
- Hafiz Muhammad Jafar, “Development of Compact Wide-band Broad Side RMSA Suitable for on-board Applications,” MS Thesis, College of E&ME, NUST, 2009.
Patch Antenna Embedded in Dielectric Coating
In this work, frequency selective surface has been implemented over radome to address the issue of composite radome matching. Different planer artificial structures are implemented surrounding the antenna aperture to restore the broad coverage of patch antenna with low return loss. Implementation of artificially hard boundary in the form of longitudinal metallic strips restores the -3 dB beamwidth ( ) of the antenna in E-plane at the cost of antenna gain. Soft ring over dielectric coating surrounding the antenna aperture is optimized here for broad beamwidth ( ) in E-plane with increased gain near to 7 dB by suppressing the creeped RF energy from thick dielectric coating.
- Javed Ahmad, “Ratiation Pattern Improvement of Patch Antenna Embedded in Dielectric Coating using Artificial Surfaces,” MS Thesis, College of E&ME, NUST, 2009.
Microstrip Star Shaped Patch Antenna:
Half power Beamwidth E plane : 34º H plane : 36º
Gain 10.2 dBi
Frequency Ku Band
- Qasim Umar Khan, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, "A new microstrip star shaped patch antenna," TENCON Spring Conference, 2013 IEEE, pp.53,56, 17-19 April 2013.